Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! Someone has access to my account from India!

HELP! Someone has access to my account from India!

So I woke up one morning to find that I was following an 'indian wedding playlist'. Me, residing in Denmark, don't listen to indian wedding music so I was confused. I later found that multiple of my playlists had been deleted, and at last I saw, WHILE I WAS USING MY COMPUTER TO LISTEN TO MUSIC, that someone had begun to listen to Indian music on a device titled "lav mittal", which was an iPad. I have screenshots below for proof. I have of course since changed my password. Its really disgusting to think someone all the way in a different continent is using your account for music. It feels as if someone is living in my house without me even knowing it. I hope something can be done to make spotify more secure, because this makes me feel unsafe for them to potentially attack my computer. I also hope some form of "justice" can be put on the device that hacked me, to ensure that this particular person does not do this again. It's unacceptable that my account can be accessed by a stranger in a different country. PLEASE IMPROVE SPOTIFY SECURITY AND PUNISH THIS PERSON. Thanks for any and all help.

IMG_6567.JPGIMG_6568.JPGIMG_6569.JPG

3 Replies

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The exact same thing just happened to me (although different music) but somebody was using an Indian cellphone to access my account. When I contacted support they wouldn't tell me any details. They said spotify has had no leaks, but i've never shared my account or password with anyone. My e-mail wasn't compromised either (althought I changed my password anyway) and the only account i've had weird problems with is with spotify.

Somehow people are able to get access to spotify accounts and use them, even after changing passwords several times.

Hello @skyblade22!

Rest assured that Spotify's system and user records are totally safe. Account takeovers usually happen because the same password is used in different platforms. If one of them has a security breach, all your accounts will be vulnerable. I'd recommend checking out this Support article if you'd like to protect your Spotify account.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts