Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! Someone is using my account without my permission.

Solved!

HELP! Someone is using my account without my permission.

Recently, I've noticed that my account has had some albums and songs played on it that are out of my music taste, namely Country, Ed Sheeran, etc.  I believe that someone is using my account.  Today, I reset my password and logged out on every device using the button in browser.  When I log back into my account on desktop, I immediately see this in one of my playlists; Link To Playlist.  Someone added various songs that I have never listened to and never want in my playlists.  This person's usage of my account has caused a daily mix to form, despite the fact that I've never listened to these songs/artists before. What do I do?  I've tried resetting my password and kicking out all devices, yet these methods obviously haven't worked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @JakeGlass478, welcome to the Spotify Community!

In this case, we recommend that you contact us via email here or through our official social media channels in Facebook or Twitter. This way, we'll be able to take a closer look at your account and see what happened there.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @JakeGlass478, welcome to the Spotify Community!

In this case, we recommend that you contact us via email here or through our official social media channels in Facebook or Twitter. This way, we'll be able to take a closer look at your account and see what happened there.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts