Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! Spotify still shows my full name after disconnecting from FB and clean reinstall

HELP! Spotify still shows my full name after disconnecting from FB and clean reinstall

The topic pretty much describes it and I am desperately searching for a solution for hours 😞

Problem:

Since I have connected my spotify account to my Facebook account, my full name is shown on my spotify profile and therefore I see my full name everywhere where the profile name is shown.

Here are the things I have tried:

- ANDROID: Disconnect the app from Facebook, clean the app cache, clean reinstall the app on Android => Did not work

- ANDROID: Connect the app to Facebook, disconnect the app again, clean the app cache, clean reinstall the app on Android => Did not work

- PC: Connect the spotify account to FB on PC, disconnect the account again, clean reinstall on PC => Did not work

- PC: Go to Facebook App settings, revoke Spotify Authorization, clean reinstall on PC => Did not work

- PC: Go to Facebook, REMOVE Facebook account (yes, I did!), clean reinstall on PC => Did not work

Did not work means: My friends see my full name on their followers list, I see my full name on my Profile page on Android/PC.

I dont know what else I could try. I have a premium account for 1,5 years now and I do not want to migrate all my stuff to a new account just to hide my own name. Please help!!

1 Reply

Hey @user98725, welcome to the community!

If your account wasn't created via Facebook, Spotify could take a few days to update the fact that your Facebook is no longer linked to your account. Just to be on the safe side, make sure you're following these steps to remove the link between Spotify and Facebook.

The account should stop showing your name, and revert to the username or account name you chose.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts