Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[HELP!] Tried everything. Account still taken over by someone.

Solved!

[HELP!] Tried everything. Account still taken over by someone.

Plan - Premium (part of Family)

Country - United Kingdom

Device - iPhone 8

Operating System - iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone & Spotify Team,

Something very bizarre has been happening the past 2 weeks. New playlists and artists have been appearing in my account. Then sometimes when I've been online my music would suddenly change. Sometimes I would get logged out once going online from offline and the app would tell me my password is not recognised but then I type it in and get back into my account. My e-mail address in my Account hasn't been changed either, thankfully. Eventually my avatar and username (mszkamio) changed as well to a username Ab D Elmsafer.  I followed the "Account taken over" steps on the Spotify Help Guide yesterday and spent the day deleting the hacker's playlists and artists from my account.  However, it started happening AGAIN TODAY. Please help. I signed out everywhere, removed all devices, removed associated Facebook and apps, changed passwords everywhere. The person had deleted a couple of my playlists and songs within a playlist today. I restored the playlists but the songs within my playlist 'Chill' are all deleted and I cannot recover them. Your urgent assistance will be greatly appreciated!! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm sorry for that, so the last step is to contact spotify. That's what you did also?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Thank you, @Rene01 .

Unfortunately, the linked info is nothing that I haven't tried already. The issue still persists, thus I need the good folk of Spotify to further investigate and see what's happening. 😞

Marked as solution

I'm sorry for that, so the last step is to contact spotify. That's what you did also?

Suggested posts