Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP - Upgraded by Mistake!

HELP - Upgraded by Mistake!

I've already submitted a query but since the confirmation email I was sent suggested to do this, I thought I might as well if there was a chance of getting a quicker response.

Basically, as the title suggests - there was a link on the homepage to a free trial and I submitted my password as it asked, thinking that was what would happen. It did have something about 'payment £9.99' on the page but I took that as a formality, since at the end of a trial there would be of course an automatic payment of £9.99 should the subscription remain uncancelled, and it's otherwise the same thing you're getting in the meantime. Said subscription was cancelled immediately (the 'I can't afford it' option was selected), then the contact form, and now this - the transaction was only made half an hour ago and I am running neither the desktop nor mobile versions of the spotify application for the time being.

Basically, I'm asking if it's possible to be refunded. I feel it could have, and should have, been clearer what I was signing up for. How can I click a button supposedly offering a trial and then be charged without at least seeing an explicit message before proceeding, saying something akin to "Trial not currently available. Continue for paid upgrade using your credit card" so that I can decide whether I want to (which I didn't)? I've reacted instantly, in a panic, so you can be sure it's a genine bid to reverse something that was unintentional, a result of a misunderstanding. The only money in that card was for a mobile phone bill, so if this messes that up there could be trouble.

Hoping to hear from someone soon. Thanks in advance

-B

5 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I'm just getting back to you now, so keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for all the help, I'm seeing 'Spotify Free' again so that's a good sign. Hopefully the same can be said about the fact that the transaction for the subscription itself hasn't been processed yet (bank balance hasn't changed)? Will it just be a case of nothing at all happening in the next few days, no money going out or in? I'm hoping not to go overdrawn from a direct debit on or possibly shortly after Monday so if it's all settled by then I think it should be alright. Either way you've been great, it's much appreciated.

Briebuzz - We can't talk payments on here, so I'll get back to you by email again.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Just upgraded by mistake. Can't find an unsubscribe anywhere. If I just get rid of the ap will that unsubscribe me. I am tired of fighting with it. Used to play music with some ads.....now just plays one song and stops , and bugs me to upgrade. I am over it. J

@Janefstevens 

To cancel your subscription, you need to sign into this page:

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/

If you don't see a cancel option,

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

To contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts