Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW TO DELETE AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT HAVING ACCESS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS

HOW TO DELETE AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT HAVING ACCESS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS

I have a different account which was made through facebook.

I forgot i had that account so i made this one.

I tried connecting my Facebook to my new spotify but i can’t because there is no way to unlink my old account.

So i tried deleting my old account, the one connected and made using facebook but the email used for that account, i no longer have access to, so i can’t actually view the email and confirm the termination of the account.

SO MY QUESTION IS: How do can I “verify” the deletion of my account if I can’t use that email anymore AND I can’t change the email.

7 Replies

Hey @Bethanycantwell.

Since the account was created via Facebook, to update the email address, you just need to update it on Facebook's end.

Once the address is updated, you'll be able to complete the request to close the Spotify account linked to Facebook.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I have the same problem!

I have a free Spotify account and also a Student Spotify account.

I would love to delete my Student Spotify account but I can't find out my password for this e-mail address because it's another address as the address for my Spotify Free - Account.
Everything failed to get my password for the Spotify Student Account back or to reset it ( I called the customer hotline etc) nothing is working When I reset it they send me a link to the address I have no access to. GREAT! I tried everything to get an new one and delete it by myself!
Before that I cancelled my monthly Paypal payment for the Student Spotify account and I can't activate it anymore so that I can not pay for this account and can't delete it either. Please, Spotify or Community help me!
I would love if Spotify can delete my account I have no access to it anymore for me.
My email- address for the account is: *snip*
Name: Kim Laura Salewski
Birthday: 19.10.1996 
E-mail to reach me now: *snip*!
Please HELP!

Hey @user-removed.

I understand your frustration.

In this case, Since you can't access the Spotify account with the discount or the email address it's linked to, you'll need to contact the Support team.

You can give them a shout via Twitter, Facebook, or email. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best.

Hi Alfredo, I have a similar problem - I cannot access one of my two Spotify accounts, because it is linked to an old work email address which I no longer have access to (I left that job several years ago).

I have submitted a request for help TWICE now, over the course of many months, and nobody from Spotify has gotten back to me.

Could you please help me access this second account? Or merge the two of them? What are my options here?

Hey @ashleyo1.

No problem! In this case, you can also contact the Support team through any of the options above. They'll be able to find your accounts and help you out with this.

Cheers.

Alfredo, your response doesn't help me at all. I'm telling you that 'Support' is NOT RESPONDING to me. Could you please resolve this issue for me? I need help. Thanks.

Hey @ashleyo1.

Our team tries to get back to you as soon as they can, but if you've yet to see a response, try checking your spam/junk folders.

Also, you can try reaching out to us on different platforms. If you reached out to us via email, I suggest reaching out to us via Twitter or Facebook.

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts