Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW to change address for Premium Family?

Solved!

HOW to change address for Premium Family?

I just upgraded to Premium Family. Before I could invite other family members, the system asked me to key in my home address (as they only allow family members "under one roof" to use the family package).  Unfortunately, I made a mistake and need to edit the address. However, I do not know where to change the address entry. Where to edit address details?    

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @bizwizzz, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It’s not possible to change the address of an existing plan. If you’ve moved, or if you entered the wrong details, you’ll need to cancel and resubscribe.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @bizwizzz, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It’s not possible to change the address of an existing plan. If you’ve moved, or if you entered the wrong details, you’ll need to cancel and resubscribe.

What a ridiculous solution. I think I'll just cancel and move to Apple Music instead

My address does not appear either in FB or Spotify, even though I went to the edit sections of both.  My son Francisco Senderos lives at my same address and when I contracted Spotify Family Premium, there was no problem.  Now he has been removed. How can he be put back on?  I reinvited him and he was sent a message saying that his (or my) adddress could not be verified, or that they did not coincide.

Thank you

Same here just got premium family and now I sa that you need to live in the same huse this is **bleep** we are not mormons

yeah, it's plain stupid repeating the same steps again and again, saying "SPOTIFY" can't "VERIFY" that you lived in the same ADDRESS

It beggars belief that Spotify - a company with 50 million subscribers - doesn't let customers change their address. 

I'm in agreement that the system could be more convenient, but I'm willing to live with it. My concern has more to do with the issue that arises when we move. We've got no definite plans to move, but eventually I hope we will. If I'm reading the FAQ properly, it sounds like I have to use a different account to start a Family Premium account at a new address. That leads to several questions, but they can be summed up in this: as the person who upgraded to Family Premium in the first place, how can I continue to manage my family's account without losing all of my history, playlists, etc.? I'd be happy to clarify my concern and ask the numerous other questions I have that relate to this, but I'll leave it there for now, since some of those other questions become moot in the presence of a good answer and hopefully--despite my many fears--it's all rather simple. BTW, some kind of recipe for how this process should--or even just how it can--go would be nice. Thanks.

I have moved. If I cancel and resubscribe will I lose all of my library history and playlists? Or will it just go back to basic and then show up again when I resubscribe?

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

You and your family members will keep all the playlists and saved Songs when cancelling and resubscribing to the plan, so you don't need to worry.

The accounts will just go back to Free and then Premium again when they join the new plan.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts