Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked Account

Solved!

Hacked Account

My account has been hacked. They changed the email address and disconnected my Facebook login. They're using my premium status for free. I've contacted support 3 times and I haven't recieved any replies. I've even responded back to the no-reply email and still no response. My case is #03476996. I re-created this new account under the same email but different username. I've now lost all my saved playlists and liked music. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

If you use this link you won't have to sign in and can choose the email address we reply to.

Can you let me know your 8-digit case # and I'll make sure the Accounts team is looking into it.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

In the mean time, I escalated your message. I'll let you know when I have some more info.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

In other threads, you've mentioned Support replies back very promptly. I still haven't received a response. Any updates? I'm about to contact my bank to cut off my premium status.

They usually reply within a day. I'll be checking if I got a reply to the escalated message within an hour 😉

MauriceMVRock Star 7

I just got a reply from them saying they already replied earlier today, can you check your inbox?

MauriceMVRock Star 7

I finally got the account under control today. It took them a few days to properly restore my playlists after many back and forth discussions. Unfortunately they weren't able to restore my liked Songs from the past 2 years. Disappointing Spotify doesn't capture the Song state and have abilities to rollback the that data. They should consider including that in the backend since they don't give us options to download or save our Songs.

I've also been hacked, and the email has been changed, so there is no point me making an online helpline request as it will go to this replaced email. My Premium account has been suspended, and I am concerned that my details may be being used. A password reset, as suggested by Spotify, will also go to the hacked email account, so I don't know what to do!

Hi @MattJones76,

I escalated your message and see what we can do for you.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Marked as solution

Hi there,

If you use this link you won't have to sign in and can choose the email address we reply to.

Can you let me know your 8-digit case # and I'll make sure the Accounts team is looking into it.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

I've had contact from Support via email - although it took 3 attempts!

Looks like we're sorted now though, thanks 🙂

It's funny. I tried that link and of course a reply is going to go to the hacker's email!!! This is just ridiculous. I am so annoyed right now.

Suggested posts