Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked Account?

Hacked Account?

Plan

Premium

Country USA

Device 

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue

It's been going on for a few months now, out of nowhere, there will be an unknown name listening on my spotify that interrupts mine. I thought I had fixed it since I changed the password and it hasnt happened in a while.  But tonight, in the span of an 2 hours, there have been 4 different people who were using my account. Kaylee, Chloe, etc... I kept going to "forget device" as soon as it happened. I changed my email and password as well, but to no avail, it still keeps happening. I do not know who these users are at all. It's just extremely annoying, and I am worried they'll steal my account info and payment options, or hack anyone elses on my family plan.

Help please!

2 Replies

Hello @cruzthean 

Just to confirm is your account connected to facebook?

Hi there @cruzthean

thanks for reaching out about this !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue but i'm sure we can sort it out together.

As you mentioned taking some precaution steps to strengthen your account protection i just want to add some further steps which you can find both here and here.

However, if you keep on experiencing odd behavior in your account, there are two great option in hand :

1. Creating a new account and transfering all your data safely using this official Spotify answer

2. Reaching out to support through this "About Us" page and have them take a closer look 

From my own experience i would have to suggest the new account option which will help solving the issue and will prevent this from happening again.

If you do choose this option, make sure to cancel any Premium subscription you have on the current account using this help page (only after you've transferred everything safely).

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts