Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked Account

Hacked Account

I was listening to music and the songs started to skip every 3-5 seconds, I thought it was a glitch and closed the desktop app and opened it again. Continued playing the song I was originally listening to and the same thing started happening again. I was weird out when suddenly an unknown song started playing, it was called HOLA _ REMIX (Hello in Spanish). I realized my account had been compromised and a new device was listening to music from my account.

I immediately logged out of all devices and reset the password. How do I secure my account and prevent this from happening again?

Plan

Premium

Country

Dominican Republic

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Screenshot_20200401-204906_Video Player.jpg
6 Replies

Hey, @Holy_Purple 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Firstly, have in mind that you've handled it perfectly! 

In order to avoid any future issues with it, it's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where Youโ€™re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

And you can get additional pieces of information about how to protect your account here.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same thing happened to me! I rest my password and logged out of all devices and it continued to happen 10 minutes later...

Hey, @Hannahjdk 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing it...

Have you followed the additional tips I've mentioned above? If you haven't, I strongly recommend that you follow it up and change your password again...

Keep me in the loop!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Holy_Purple and @Hannahjdk,

Just jumping in to add something to @Luan's brilliant suggestions.

It'd also be great to bookmark and follow the steps (including those @Luan already mentioned) in this support page article as well as this one since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, thanks for your message. Yeah if tried all of ypur suggestions and it's still happening... really weird 

Hey @Hannahjdk,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If you implement all the suggestions in the articles but things don't change over a few days or weeks, it'd be good to consider starting fresh with a new account while making sure you don't lose the content you love from your first one. You can take a look at this Spotify Answer for the related steps to take or, alternatively, reach out to our Support team so that they can take care of the process with you if you need any further help. You'll find out about how to contact them if you look at the 2. Get in touch with us. section in the second article I shared.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts