Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked Account

Hacked Account

I recently noticed random songs showing up on my liked playlist over the past week. At first it was 10 or so songs, but yesterday another 25+ were added. I noticed that my "recently played" included playlists that I have never listened to. I went into my account settings and notice that my plan had been changed to the family plan without my consent. I also noticed that there was an android device that I did not recognize. When I looked at the users for the account I had 6 different ones with the same randomized email address with a couple numbers changed. I removed all of them, switched the plan back to premium from family, changed my password and logged everyone out. Here is a picture of the user account. Is there anything else I need to do? should I be concerned about personal information being stolen?

Capture.PNG

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Did you get a response yet? I am having the same problem, but  I am on the family plan and it only happend to one of the accounts in the family plan.. Do we do the same ? 

Hey, @Josh5574 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

About your question, you've done everything that was necessary to get back your account. Now you need to get in touch with the Customer Support team just to be sure everything is alright with your account. Take a look at this following article and then follow the steps presented there:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, @TimishaG 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You should consider following the same steps that this article presents:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts