Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked Premium account

Solved!

Hacked Premium account

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

MacBook Pro (mid 2014), Android Motorola G7 Plus

My Question or Issue

I was noticing weird changes to my playlists and liked tracks, so I went to my account to check it out and boom. My e-mail and password have been changed and I received no warnings on my main e-mail whatsoever.

I didn't even know my Spotify had a password since I've always logged in via Facebook (which is how I'm able to post this right now).

I can't reset my password because it needs the current password or the current e-mail which I have no access to, of course. I can't reset my e-mail because it needs my current password.

What am I supposed to do? Can I even take my credit card out of there without the current password?

I'm pretty surprised something like this can happen without any warnings being sent over to my e-mail, which was registered until the hacker changed it. I've checked both my personal email and my Facebook accounts, they were not compromised whatsoever.

Help?

Update: I just noticed the hacker managed to insert the "you hacked" string into the phone field. It seems to me that this is definitely a security breach somewhere in Spotify services being exploited.

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 00.10.35.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @gugiserman,

Thanks for getting back in touch and giving those steps a try!

We can assure you that our platform and user records are totally secure.

Account takeovers usually happen because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach.

In this case, we'd recommend making sure to follow the steps provided in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support teams can take a look behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Jack

There's absolutely nothing described in those articles that can help me right now. I've checked them all.

Marked as solution

Hey there @gugiserman,

Thanks for getting back in touch and giving those steps a try!

We can assure you that our platform and user records are totally secure.

Account takeovers usually happen because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach.

In this case, we'd recommend making sure to follow the steps provided in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support teams can take a look behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I managed to get in touch via a real time chat with support and they helped me solve the situation pretty quickly. The toughest part was finding a link that led me to said chat 😛

Thanks, all the best

Hi, 

You can try this link next time to get in touch with customer suppport.

Suggested posts