Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked account

Solved!

Hacked account

I keep finding in my feed new playlists with some italian music that I never listened and that I will never want to listen. Therefore my Discovery Weekly section which was one of my favorite parts of Spotify is completely messed up.

Is there any chance to find out who is using my account or what should I do to prevent that? I tried changing my password but it keeps happening. Or at least is there any chance to reverse it to when Discovery Weekly didn't take into consideration those playlists?

My account is made in Netherlands and I have a Premium account (10 euros/mo) and I'm the only person that's using the account (besides that italian person who hacked my account).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

To recover your lost playlists just follow the steps from the attached image.

Discover Weekly is influenced by what songs you listen to so just keep enjoying your favorite jams and it will be back to normal in no time. Just give a negative feedback on the songs you don't like on it, unfollow the artists that the person who hacked your account followed. 

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

To recover your lost playlists just follow the steps from the attached image.

Discover Weekly is influenced by what songs you listen to so just keep enjoying your favorite jams and it will be back to normal in no time. Just give a negative feedback on the songs you don't like on it, unfollow the artists that the person who hacked your account followed. 

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi Loren, and thanks for the reply 🙏

Yes, I managed to change my password and random playlists stopped appearing.

I keep getting bling-bling italian songs in the discovery weekly but hopefully after i dislike those songs / unfollow those artists things will go back to normal.

Cheers!

Adi

Hey @11149266225,

That's awesome!

Yes, Discover Weekly was "infected" by the other user.

Once you start listening to the music you like and give feedback to DW everything will get back to normal!

Have a nice week!

Suggested posts