Plan

Premium

Country

Scotland

Device Samsung galaxy s9/PS4/Windows PC

Operating System

Android orea/windows 10

My Question or Issue

I recently was logged out of my account on all devices and could not log back in using my previous password. After resetting my password via email I logged back into my account to find a history of songs I had not listened to. It seems that someone had gained access to my account, reset the password and was using it as their own. I want to know if there is a way I can clear the history of the songs they listened to or to find out who did this or exactly when this happened (as I had not used my account in about a week when I found out this happened)

3 Replies

Hey @seandonn, I'm here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you think someone has gained access to your account. In this case, I'd recommend checking out this support article for what to do next. 

Have a nice day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I now have gained access to my account again, what I want to know is if there is a way I can find out who did this/how or how long they had access to my account for as I hadn't used it for a week or two before finding out about this.

Hey @seandonn.

Thanks for your question 🙂

You mentioned that you received an email saying that your password has been changed - this is likely when your account was taken over.

Unfortunately we are not able to identify who the unauthorised users are, however we take our users' security seriously and we are doing everything possible to detect suspicious behaviour and to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Hope that helps - let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts