Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked account

Hacked account

I have a premium plan under another username (meghan_hutchins) and someone else started using the account while I was listening (clearly hacked it). I tried to reset the password but I didn't receive an email. Either I've used an old email address or they have changed the email address. Either way I can no longer get into my account, and I have raised a Contact Form but not had a response. Please can someone resolve this? Thank you. 

3 Replies

Since you've already contacted Customer Support via their contact form, please wait for their response. You may have to provide them with proof that you own the account.

Hello @MeghanH!

Thank you for coming to the Spotify Community. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It's good to see that you've already followed the steps provided in this Support article. Can you let me know when you contacted Support? You should get a reply before 48 hours. Also, when you get the automated reply, you should reply to the email explaining your problem.

Hope this helps and let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @MeghanH,

Just jumping in to add some further useful info!

While you wait for our folks in the Support team to get in touch with you, it'd be great to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article as well as this one (the one that @Jose_M also mentioned) since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

The steps in the first article under Passwords and Remove access to third-party apps are particularly good since they'll help you make sure no one is accessing your Spotify through your credentials or other online services eventually linked with your account.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts