Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked and pranked

Hacked and pranked

Today I opened the Playlist called Liked Songs and found 143 songs. Most of these songs I either hate or would never choose to listen to. The suspicion started when I saw Dani California by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Then I saw Tainted Love by Marilyn Manson. I like both bands, just not those songs. Then I saw Foo Fighters and White Stripes and said wth? I have been pwned. I checked the date the songs were added was 11/30/2019. By the way, my password was a random string of 64 letters, numbers, and symbols generated by my password manager. I use Spotify on iOS iPhone 6 Plus, Windows 10 laptop, and Samsung Smart TV. Either I got hacked or Spotify did. It took a long time to delete all those horrible songs from my Playlist.

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this. In this case, please check out this support article for the next steps to take. 

There is also a great guide here on protecting your account to make sure this doesn't happen again. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Don't click on the hyperlinks! They could be loaded with malware. If you read my initial post, my account was already protected and it was hacked at one end or the other.

Hey @TheZombieDVours,

Sorry to hear about what you've experienced. 

Since your account was already protected by the time you reached out to us, it'd be particularly useful for you to follow the steps in the first article @Billy-J shared. You'll find the info to get in touch with our Support team (2. Get in touch with us.) in case you'd like to take any further action (besides what's suggested in the linked articles) regarding your account's security. 

Hope you'll find this helpful. Let us know if there's anything else we can do!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That's ridiculous.  If I need to repeat my story multiple times in order for Spotify to care about their own security, they're probably going to make further excuses and pass the buck just like the people in this thread. Good luck and stay safe.

Suggested posts