Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked or comedy is using my account

Hacked or comedy is using my account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Norway

Device

(iPhone XS, Mcbook)

Operating System

(iOS )

My Question or Issue

Hei,

Somebody is using my account or my account has been hacked. When I open the Spotify (any time) there is a warning that Spotify is playing on Web player Chrome. I have never used Chrome to listen music from Spotify. In addition there are added/liked a new playlists which I have never listened before and when I'm trying to listen to some music from my playlist it stops after a few seconds and other music is played. Please help. I don't know what else I can do, I have already changed the passwords also on my facebook.

2 Replies

Sorry to hear you're having issues!! Could you try a couple of things and then let me know if the problem still continues?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. 

Let me know how it goes!

Hey @Niziolekmonika,

Just popping in to add something to what @eltoch suggested.

Together with making sure to have signed out everywhere with the option you'll see in your Account overview and having performed a Spotify password reset, it'd be very useful to reset the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

Furthermore, it's good to know that if your Spotify account is associated with your Facebook profile, you can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

Also make sure to carefully read this support page article as it features some extremely relevant info regarding how to keep your account safe.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts