Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked?

Hacked?

Help! Music is appearing on my account that I never listen to - lots of foreign language stuff. how do I delete all this stuff? And if I listen to spotify in my car, the music changes to some weird stuff I never ever listen to.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country - US

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Iphone and macbook pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

ios 10

My Question or Issue

Help! Music is appearing on my account that I never listen to - lots of foreign language stuff. how do I delete all this stuff? And if I listen to spotify in my car, the music changes to some weird stuff I never ever listen to.

3 Replies

That sounds really strange! There are a few steps you might want to try to fix the issue.

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list.

As well as having signed out everywhere and having performed a Spotify password reset, you might want to consider changing the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

It's also good to know that if your Spotify account is associated with your Facebook profile, you can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

Check out this support page article as it features some extremely relevant info regarding how to keep your account safe as well 🙂

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

I have followed all those steps, but this weird music I never listen to is still on my spotify.
How do I delete this music?

Unfortunately, users can't remove songs from history. You can remove music from your recently played, though, which will make your own music easier to find.

However, if your account was hacked, you can contact Spotify via this contact form and they might be able to revert your account to a previous state. Just note that it's not guaranteed and it might not be possible to perform that. Hopefully, things work out for you!

Suggested posts