Hacker changed account email and password

Re: Hacker changed account email and password

novavitamin

Can spotify help me with my bull**bleep**? i didnt know 6 other people were allowed to stream my account. like what the **bleep** is going on??? i go to play a song and someone else switches my **bleep**. how can i enjoy my music when i have to battle people to play songs. no one knows my password or anything wherever i travel to someone else has access to my account help me immediately please.

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@jarett

Have you reached out to Spotify Support about this yet? They'll help you out.

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @novavitamin,

It sounds like someone may be accesing your account. To prevent this, go to https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/, change your password and press the "Sign out everywhere" button.

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

duerdy
Casual Listener

I'm in the same boat. I just had my account settings all changed this morning before I got to work and now I can't do anything with my email address and password. The person is in Germany and deleted all my playlists and saved albums. I went into the albums and he had a bunch of crap I don't listen to. Deleted all those albums and am in the process of adding all mine back. However I stopped since he has the password and I'm sure he'll just do the same to me. Support needs another way of verifying people's accounts so they don't have their info changed and just in case it does happen, another way to reset the email/password without it going to the hacker's email address. 

duerdy
Casual Listener
Already emailed support, the account changed address, and dm'd the spotifycares twitter. Waiting a few hours now.
SUGGESTED POSTS