Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacker on Account?

Solved!

Hacker on Account?

Hi Spotify Community. I'm been having a problem recently. It seems there is an unwanted user on my account. They do not seem malicious and aren't trying to steal my info, they seem to just be lisening to music. But I think they know it's not their account, but continue to use it. Whenever I check on Spotify after a while, new songs that I've never heard of appear in "Recently Played'. And occasionally, the hacker goes on while I'm on. I've checked, and it says that the user is using a Chrombook I'm guessing, as it says Web Player Chrome, but that probably just means they're using Google Chrome. And once they realize someone else is on, they just leave. I've changed my password multiple times, but they still go on. I don't understand. I thought maybe it might be on one of the other computers in my household, but I've checked, and I only know of one other person who uses Spotify who lives with me. Is there a way to get rid of this unwanted user? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @seismic_slam 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

So, in this case the protocol you need to follow is first of all disconnect from all devices that are currently connected to your Spotify account. After that you should change your password again. And please, you should consider change your email account's password too to avoid any other future problems with unauthorized people that use your Spotify account.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @seismic_slam 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

So, in this case the protocol you need to follow is first of all disconnect from all devices that are currently connected to your Spotify account. After that you should change your password again. And please, you should consider change your email account's password too to avoid any other future problems with unauthorized people that use your Spotify account.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hey @seismic_slam, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd recommend checking out this support article for some more info and what to do next.

Have a great day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for the help @hezorg. I've followed your's and @Billy-J's advice. Now I'm just waiting if the person ever gets on again.

Hey again, @seismic_slam 

Happy to know that our replies were helpful for you in your case. Always count on us when you need!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts