Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Has my account been deleted for no reason at all?

Has my account been deleted for no reason at all?

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Ever since this morning, I lost all access to my Spotify account from all devices for no reason at all. I even tried to ask for a password reset, but I received no mail whatsoever: even though my public profile page is still accessible, I have no way to log in. What it looks like to me is that my account has been abruptly banned, even though I've been a loyal Spotify user AND paying customer for years and years. I lost all access to my playlists, liked tracks and so on - with no way to get them back.

I tried to reach out to Spotify's customer service, and surprisingly I've gotten redirected here with an automated message: considering how my previous account got nuked all of a sudden I can't say that I wasn't expecting this, but even then I'm still disappointed. Can I get some solutions and/or answers? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Was your phone rooted or were you using any modifications for the spotify application to get premium features free? That could possible cause a ban but I'm not entirely sure.

Be sure to check your spam folder, and verify your email address is associated with the account in question. Possibly you logged in with Facebook too?

best of luck

Definitely check junk folder. My account was also hacked today and signed out suddenly from all devices AS I was in the middle of a song. My email account was hacked too. It sucks, but stuff like this happens sometimes. Spotify support helped me recover my account safely by changing my email and then resetting my password. I'm not sure why you're unable to reach a Spotify customer service agent, but maybe try again a different time of day, in case the 'live chat' option is currently unavailable. I sincerely doubt that Spotify staff are actively trying to sabotage a paying customer, although it may feel like you've been betrayed. If you're still struggling to chat with a Spotify employee, try making a new account (use a different email) first.**bleep** you playlists public? If so, since you said you can still view your Spotify profile, go to your old profile from a new account, then go through your playlists one by one, copying the songs from each to new playlists. Unfortunately this won't help with accessing the songs you had saved to your library.

Keep trying and all the best.

Suggested posts