Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have 2 accounts using same username

Have 2 accounts using same username

Hi ive got 2 accounts a free and a premium, both running off the same login username, but using different passwords. however using a different login when i connect to the website. 

please can the adds2k5 free spotify account be deleted leaving the account this post was made from (the premium active acount) in tact..

thanks

11 Replies

well apparently youo cant have dots in the username for the forum... so the a.robinson987 accoutn needs to stay active that has the premium attached 

It shouldn't be possible to have two accounts with the same username. Are they definitely the same username? 

Not to be confused with the same email address, since that would be possible by having an account with a username and another via Facebook.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

well i dont change my username and just swap the password on the program and in loads both, however when i sign in to the webiste i says its a diff user name, so i assume what you say is the case, however coz it lets me sign in on both with 1 username all my notifications go to the free account not the premium

What username are you using to login?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

a.robinson987

Hi @arobinson987 - You mention you can sign into spotify.com using the same username but two different passwords--is that correct? 

Which username are you using to sign into both accounts? When you go to your Overview Page do you see two different usernames when you try those different passwords? 

Hi 

What happens is i use the login name a.robinson987

i can use 2 diff passwords and get 2 diff home screens, one which is premium, one which is free.

Premium account is a.robinson987@gmail.com

free account is adds2k5@live.co.uk (i think)

when logging into the website it doesnt let me use on username for both accounts. 

basically i want the adds2j5 free account scrapping to save any confusion and meaning my premium account i can add friends on as they all currently go to the account i dont use.

Hi @arobinson987 We'll need to collect a couple more details to help sort this out. I'm sending a private message your way now--thanks!

Im having the same issue. 2 accounts, same username, different passwords. 1 is paid and 1 is not. The free account is linked to my FB and the paid is not. Having trouble connecting the paid account to FB because of this so I cant add friends. Please help if you can! Thanks!

Hello and welcome:

You will need to contact spotify support to fix you account issues. Please go to this url

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

and fill out the contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community boards reply back to that email, even if it is from a noreply and a customer support rep will get with you shortly.

I have this exact same problem. And I really need a playlist made on one of my acounts. How can I merge them? Username for both is metteeland

Suggested posts