Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Fairphone

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have had some pretty weird stuff going on with my Spotify account in the last few weeks. I play Spotify on my phone as well as on a pc using the Spotify app;

(A) when I come back to playing Spotify after having been offline for some time, weird music is playing (in most cases this music seems to be completely random and unrelated to what I would listen to - e.g, yoga music, random rap - it doesn't seem to be Spotify playing similar music to what I have been listening to as it sometimes does when my queue ends)

(B) the player will tell me its playing in a different player (always an online platform - most recently it has been Firefox which I don't use)

(C) I can usually take control of playing music by selecting 'play on this device' - I.e I don't end up in a back and forwards fight over trying to control my music...

(D) however, previously I have observed an issue where my track was being skipped a few seconds in without me selecting to do so. Having looked at message boards previously I concluded it might have been because I had some preference set (can't remember which one) and when i changed this it seemed to remedy the problem

(E) on one occasion I seemed to have been subscribed to some completely random playlists which I had never visited

So from all the above loqve assumed I've been hacked. However, I have tried "logging out of all devices" several times and I have also changed the password to my account (via facebook) 2-3 times and the problem keeps coming back. Anyone have any advice? Could it be something other than being hacked?

Cheers

Chris 

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

If you've already passed the steps on this help guide please contact support through the form on the buttom of the page for the Spotify support to take a look at your account.

Waiting on your update 😃

Suggested posts