Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have i been hacked?

Have i been hacked?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I think my account might have been hacked. I was logged out of my account and had to log back kn and when I did log back in there were play lists added and artists followed that I had not added. I have changed my password and checked to see if apps had created playlists and they had not. Any ideas what happened???

5 Replies

Hey @Marcucas, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's not cool! If you think someone's accessed your account, check out: https://support.spotify.com/article/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply.

I followed that process to a tee as I searched for it.

Unfortunately it doesn't tell me if I was hacked. I know it can be buggy so wondered if anyone through experience could clarify for me.

Hey @Marcucas,

If you see changes made to your account that you did not make someone might have gained access to your account because of a weak password, reused passwords and visting and signing in/up in sites that are not so secure which lead in data leaks.

There are plenty of ways to get gain access to someone elses accounts but you must always be vigilent and careful to what you visit and sign up for. I can assure you that no breach happened to Spotify.

Hope that makes sense 🙂

Thanks I understand what you are saying.

Funnily enough I have no two passwords the same so it's not a result of using external data or passwords on other sites. 

Im not saying it's spotify's end just bad luck I suppose. But I'm trying to figure out how to get to the bottom of this. 

Hey @Marcucas,

Yeah that's truly strange just 2-3 days ago I kept getting 2 Factor Authentication codes via SMS until I had to change my password of my Instagram. I don't know what exactly happened as Instagram has 0 support but it really was strange as I didn't even get any email that someone was trying to access my account (when I tried myself I got notified by email).

Hope it never happens again to both of us 😄

Suggested posts