Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have not been charged with the Turkish lira (TRY)

Solved!

Have not been charged with the Turkish lira (TRY)

Hi,

Spotify writes that  "With an on-going monthly subscription you'll be charged each month, and can cancel your subscription at any time. 9.99 TRY / month". But in my card, it's not 9.99 TRY it's 5,20 USD. It's difficult to pay in USD and 5,20 USD not equal 9.99 TRY. Why can't i pay it with Turkish lira?

Thank you,

p.s. My english not good  enough but i hope, i explain my problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi heddagabler! Just to confirm--the card you had linked to your account was a Turkish card that was being charged 9.99 TRY per month by Spotify. 

Were you trying to link a US card to your Turkish account? With a Turkish account you'll need to pay with a Turkish card.  

If you've got specific questions about your payments our team can help via the contact form. Just fill that in and we can help clear up any questions you might have. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed - our payments team are best to help out with this, via the link Meredith posted above. It sounds like an issue with your specific bank as generally payments are always shown in local currency.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Marked as solution

Turkish Spotify team helped me. I would like to thank them. 

9 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Interesting! According to the converter it's about 4.90 USD but ti it were being sent to your bank as a USD charge they would obviously add charges on top.
I'll check with the staff though, as I don't think that should be the case.

Anthony 🙂
This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
Marked as solution

Hi heddagabler! Just to confirm--the card you had linked to your account was a Turkish card that was being charged 9.99 TRY per month by Spotify. 

Were you trying to link a US card to your Turkish account? With a Turkish account you'll need to pay with a Turkish card.  

If you've got specific questions about your payments our team can help via the contact form. Just fill that in and we can help clear up any questions you might have. 

My card is Turkish card and in my card extracted it says "28.10.2013 9.99 TRY SPOTIFY SPOTIFY PREMIU/LONDON 5.10 USD". now I bought premium with turkish liras and on turkish spotify page. but now, will i pay it with USD?

This is the problem:

I got a premium membership with a Turkish card/account in TRY through Turkish Spotify. And, it is stated as 9.99 TRY (not dollars) in receipt in my profile. However, in my credit card receipt it is indicated as $ 5.10 (dollars) written like that: "28.10.2013 9.99 TRY SPOTIFY SPOTIFY PREMIU/LONDON 5.10 USD".

How can a membership bought with TRY is to be paid in US dollars? How should I pay this right now? And, I regret to say that I had to cancel my membership just because of that reason.

Note: At the top of page, I wrote "5.20" mistakenly. it's 5.10 USD. 

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed - our payments team are best to help out with this, via the link Meredith posted above. It sounds like an issue with your specific bank as generally payments are always shown in local currency.

Marked as solution

Turkish Spotify team helped me. I would like to thank them. 

I have the same problem. Turkey is populer among thiefs nowadays. 

@Emrah -- have you tried contacting support via the link posted earlier in this thread? Those folks will be able to help out.

hi,

i wrote a feedback on forum. But also saw a post that someone say 9 months wrong currency. Since i saw that i cancelled my premium subscription. 

There are more than enough thiefs in Turkey, i won't let someone else to take my money.

Thanks

Suggested posts