Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having a problem upgrading from Spotify Free to Premium with Visa gift card

Having a problem upgrading from Spotify Free to Premium with Visa gift card

I first started using Spotify with a month premium subscription. Now that that's over, I've obviously been using Spotify Free. Now, I'm able to upgrade to Premium again, I'm not able for some reason with my Visa gift card. I took the last card that was on file off so there's no card on file at all but it's still being declined. Any suggestions?

3 Replies

Card should be registered to country where you use Spotify and where is Spotify available. Also make sure you have money on the card, card should be available to Internet payments and it should be Visa, Visa Electron or Mastercard.

All of that stuff is there. 

The card is registered in US. My Spotify is US.

Yes, there is $20.00 on the card according to the Visa website.

Also, this is the same exact type of card I used at an earlier time for premium. I have no clue why it's not working now all of a sudden.

EDIT: And I just bought something online with the card so it has to be a Spotify problem, IMHO. 

MattyMuffins - With any sort of payment query, it's best to chat to our payments team. They're very nice. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts