Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having problems with student account

Having problems with student account

Hello. I have successfully verified that I go to college with sheer id. They asked me to pay then verify. It shows 4.99 on my bank statement as pending. When I click the link saying congrats here's the link for the discount, it refers me again to pay another 4.99?

What am I doing wrong? I have sent help emails but I have not gotten any replies, so is there an admin here that can help me with this?

Account email: ************@gmail.com

I only have 4 days left subscription and I am currently premium from paying 10 last month. But it says 10 to renew and not 4.99. Plus I already paid 4.99 for a month?

What is going on here?

3 Replies

Hey there @Steph3496, welcome to the community!

That doesn't sound good. First of all, a pending charge means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank confirms your student I.D failed to verify successfully, the money will reappear on your statement. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank.

In this case however, I'd suggest you get in touch with Sheer ID on their website or tweet them @SheerID so they can take a look backstage on their end.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Thanks.

But you pretty much just told me everything I already knew.
I was honestly hoping to make this forum post so an admin could take a look at this issue directly.
SheerID has already verified my credentials, so therefore they wouldn't really help me with this issue.

To be more direct, why hasn't Spotify granted me my student premium benefits? I was asked for my card information before I was asked to even verify? Doesn't that seem a little backwards?

Please see attached to confirm that I was verified.

*I have been charged, but was never denied.
IMG_0937.PNG

Hey again @Steph3496, sorry for the delay in getting back 🙂

In this case, you should get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff so they can take a look behind the scenes for you.

You can drop them a line on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or by using the contact form. Make sure, if you use the latter, to reply to the automated email you'll receive directing you back to the help pages, even if it's from a no-reply!

Support usually gets back within a day or two.

Let me know if you have more questions!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts