Having trouble adding family member on my premium account

Solved!
Highlighted

Having trouble adding family member on my premium account

Jane_Solovyov
Regular

I have a premium account and I went on to "add member" and sent a link to my daughter. Right now she is, for some reason, on the "Spotify Free" even though I have been paying for Premium. Nevertheless, now that I have upgraded to Premium Family and sent her a link to her own personal e mail address(different to my spotify account), when she clicks on the link and puts in our home address the message she gets is

"You can't join your own plan" On her spotify account  her current plan is "spotify free"(she also got message: "you can't upgrade to Premium in the app...") Def frustrating and I'm not sure if you can use the same technology as perhaps, Netflix, to make it easier for users to add members, especially when we pay $15/mos which should have enough room to make things user friendly. Thank you kindly for your attention and hopefully the issue can be resolved with some direction. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Having trouble adding family member on my premium account

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey, @Jane_Solovyov 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, maybe your daughter is trying to accept the invitation you've sent her while your own Spotify account is logged in the device. Please, let's try to follow these tips:

1. Resend your daughter the invitation link.
  2. Ask her to accept it using the incognito mode of a browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge) on a desktop device.
  3. She needs to check if she is really logged into her own account. If she realizes that your account is opened on the browser, it's necessary that she log it out and try the previous steps again.

Note that: 

• The invitee needs to log into (or sign up for) their own account to open an invite. 
  • The plan's manager may need to log out first if they're on the same device.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

hezorgRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey, @Jane_Solovyov 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, maybe your daughter is trying to accept the invitation you've sent her while your own Spotify account is logged in the device. Please, let's try to follow these tips:

1. Resend your daughter the invitation link.
  2. Ask her to accept it using the incognito mode of a browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge) on a desktop device.
  3. She needs to check if she is really logged into her own account. If she realizes that your account is opened on the browser, it's necessary that she log it out and try the previous steps again.

Note that: 

• The invitee needs to log into (or sign up for) their own account to open an invite. 
  • The plan's manager may need to log out first if they're on the same device.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

hezorgRock Star 7

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jane_Solovyov
Regular
Thank you for letting me know. We
followed the steps and it seems to be working!
Thank you!
Highlighted

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey there,
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear this did the trick.

Since this helped solve the issue you were experiencing, we've marked the reply as a solution so that other users with a similar issue can find it more easily.
Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day 🙂

hezorgRock Star 7

Jane_Solovyov
Regular
Much appreciated! Yes, hopefully others can learn to navigate Spotify as it is a bit tricky. Glad there’s a community that can give direction. Thank you again!
SUGGESTED POSTS