Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having trouble with getting student discount

Solved!

Having trouble with getting student discount

I am trying to purchase Spotify premium (for the first time) on my NUS student discount. I click the 'Spotify Student Discount' link on the NUS website which takes me to the 'Sign up now' page. Clicking the sign up now link takes me to a page where I click confirm purchase, then I have to type in my Facebook password, which I do. However, when I click 'Continue' on the subsequent Facebook page that opens I get taken back to the same page as before, rather than being allowed to then pay. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Josh

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Definitely something not quite right here, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form as they will be able to access your account to see if there is anything wrong on Spotify's side. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

47 Replies

Was your Spotify account created via Facebook or do you also have a unique Spotify username?

Peter

I'm not 100% sure (more like 90%) but I believe it was created with Facebook. 

Could you just confirm your country is set correctly as UK on your online profile?
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

Yes my profile is correctly set the UK. Another probelm I'm running into frequently, which may be related, is that I can only log in via the website if I click the 'Upgrade' button on the spotify client, since this logs you in automatically (I'm assuming). When I try to log in, via Facebook, on the website, I don't get a log in popup, on Chrome, whereas if I use Internet Explorer, I do. On Chrome I just get a continuous loading ring animation.

Have you tried doing the NUS upgrade via Internet Explorer?

Peter

Yes, and on multiple computers, all of which gave me the same problem of redirecting me back to the same page.

Marked as solution

Definitely something not quite right here, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form as they will be able to access your account to see if there is anything wrong on Spotify's side. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thanks. I'm now in contact with Spotify support and they are helping me get to the bottom of this. If a definite cause of the problem is found, I'll be sure to post it here.

Awesome! Thanks! 🙂

Peter

I am facing the same with the US Student Discount form http://spotify.com/us/student. What was the solution?

Detailed description:

I am not able to verify my student status with https://www.spotify.com/us/student/verify/. Hence I gotohttps://spotify.sheerid.com/ to verify. I fill in the form. It gives the following status "Congratulations! We have successfully confirmed your status.
You may now access the exclusive student pricing at Spotify.Please click here to be directed back to Spotify to access your offer." The link over click here redirects me to the first link i.e. https://www.spotify.com/us/student/verify/

I'm having the exact problem. Did they rectify it for you?

They asked me to take a screenshot of my classes for this semester, I did, and they sent an email congratulating me that I was indeed a student and eligible, then when I went back to try it continued to do what it's doing to you. I wrote another letter, and they asked me to take another screenshot of email they generated saying I was eligible!  After another letter, they told me they are "looking into it and will get back to me." I am finding this quite disconcerting and am having difficulties believing this is a techinical issue. I am beginning to take it personally.

If you're unhappy with the service you are getting from sheer, it might be an idea to let Spotify know. You can use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into it. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

I have the same issue.

Got the confirmation email from SheerID saying that my student status was approved and that I can now register for the discount.  However, when I feel out my information, I get a message saying that my status was not confirmed.

I spoke to Spotify support and they said that they are working on it and the issue on the Sheer ID side. However, I have an email from Sheer ID that clearly states that they CONFIRMED my student status and that I should be able to use the discount.

This is unacceptable, if the service is offered by Spotify, it should be working! I see other people get the discount without any issues and pay $5 per month instead of 10. My subscription is about to expire and I would like to take the advantage of the discount.

Otherwise, it seems like false advertising by Spotify!

Please clarify!

The solution is to try the entire procedure on Internet Explorer. Worked like a charm ! (Irony)

Nope... does not work for me.

Just re-registered for SheerID again using Firefox… and it worked this time.

Having the same problem.... already manually verified through sheerID

(this is after I already was approved, signed up with my CC and everything and never recieved an upgrade or reciept for the purchase)

Then when i go to do it all over again it says not eligible, and now im in an endless redirect loop that always ends with me being denied the discount. Thanks B**CH MUSIC for ruining the MOG serivce and making me have to deal with the most annoying service on earth, SPOTIFY. A company hasn't pissed me off as much as this one in years and I am extremely reasonable. 

Then I waste time installing three different browsers thanks to this thread and it still. does. not. work. I will be recommending this service to nobody once this is fixed and am only using it because there is no alternative. You guys suck. 

@searchmarketing Could you get in touch here and the support guys will take a look. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Just double checking you are clicking the link in the email which says you have been manually approved to upgrade?

Peter

Suggested posts