Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! Cant change country setting!

Help! Cant change country setting!

Hey guys,

I signed up for spotify while living in the Netherlands, now that I am back home in Australia I would like to change my country code to Aus and purchase spotify premium. I have tried everything but can not change it. Ive sent the help forms to spotify and received no reply, please change my country code spotify!

Thanks.

5 Replies

Hello.

Welcome to the Community.

In order to change your country, you'd need to do the following -

1. Log in to your Profile page on the website: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/
2. Next to Country, click on "To change your profile country you'll need to update your payment details."
3. You'll be asked to change your country on this screen, enter your postal code and add some payment details to your account.
4. After adding these details, your country should be changed.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi,

I can not do this as there is no link saying "To change your profile country you'll need to update your payment details.", all there is is a link under the country box saying "read more about changing your country' and when you click on this link it says "Our system will only allow you to change your country depending of your current IP address , so if you have a UK IP address you will only be able to update your country to UK.". Thats it,like i said before theres no way to change my country setting.

Could you message in at all? One of our advisors should be able to assist. To get in touch, scroll up and click on "About Us" and click on contact form.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello I have the same problem; but when I want to change the country in the payment section; Brazil doesn´t appear. What do I do?

Thank you

@1159385134 wrote:

Hello I have the same problem; but when I want to change the country in the payment section; Brazil doesn´t appear. What do I do?

Thank you

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify is not yet available in brazil, which is why you can't change your country to there. 

A Spotify free account will only let you use Spotify for 14 days in brazil before you loose access. If you have a payment method from a country where Spotify is available, you can use that to upgrade to unlimited/premium so you can use Spotify abroad. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts