Premium

Country

United States

Device

Android, Desktop

Operating System

Android, Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

I am having a problem with my account. Recently, I received an email from Spotify saying that my email address had been changed to an unknown address at *snip*. Prior to even getting kicked out of my account, I started seeing songs pop up in my "Recently Played" that were not even mine. I changed my password, which probably alerted the hacker and pressured them to kick me off. I have since emailed back and sent in forms. All replies I have gotten were from automated bots that sent me back to the forms. I have received little to no help with this. I do not want to be redirected to another forum, or asked to choose from a list of questions. These have all only ended me back up at forms, resulting in emails that do not help me whatsoever.

I want to terminate this account. Someone has locked me out of my Spotify and is now using my Premium student that I am still paying for. 

If you know how I can get in contact with a real Spotify employee, not an automated reply, please let me know. I want this issue resolved. I love Spotify, but at this point my money is being wasted. 

spotify.png
1 Reply

Hey, @Natke -

That's not cool! I suggest following the guide here instead: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

When you fill out the contact form for Spotify, please mention your own email address(instead of the one from hacked account) so we can send the email to that address.

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out.

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts