Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help, I can play 25 out of 3500 songs only.

Help, I can play 25 out of 3500 songs only.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday Spotify was released on my country.

I downloaded the client for Windows, then added all my songs (local library), and created a playlist which has all of them.

When I go to the Web Player (or in my Android device), I can only play like 25 out of 3500 songs.

I read that if the songs are grayed out, that means they were not found in the catalogue. I think this is something else, since I'd expect at least a 60-70% of "playable" songs.

I want to go Premium, but not if I can't play my songs.

Do you have any tip for "refreshing" the list of songs? Any other idea of what the problem could be? Just to let you know, in case somebody has a solution with it, I also have a .m3u file in my computer with all my songs.

One more important thing: if I search for the songs manually, they are found on Spotify.

I'd appreciate your assistance.

Cheers.

7 Replies

Hi @SachaZ  - Apologies for the delay getting back to you--still having trouble with this?

Are those local files on your Android device as well?

Hi Meredith,

I quit trying, but since you replied back, I re-installed Spotify.

I installed the client (Windows) and I added all my files from the Local Library to a new playlist (I read that I should do that in order to have a playlist online and Spotify should automatically try to find matching songs). When I go to the web player (https://play.spotify.com) and open the playlist, all of the songs are grayed out.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Sacha.

Would you be able to post a link to the playlist? In the windows client right click on the playlist name > Copy Spotify URI and paste here.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sure, here they are:

URI: All the music (spotify:user:11100192085:playlist:6hhF3RelBavf7HG1CjR2US)

URL: All the music (http://open.spotify.com/user/11100192085/playlist/6hhF3RelBavf7HG1CjR2US)

Thanks for your help.

Sacha.

Having a look at the playlist, a lot of the tracks are local files which have not been matched to tracks in the Spotify catalogue, most likely due to incorrect meta data.

The web player can't play local files, but you can sync your local files to your android device to play them:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Sync-your-device-with-Spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

It doesn't make sense to me that from 2800 local files, Spotify couldn't find not even one (or at least they are grayed out and I can't play them).

Is there another way or third party tool to grab all the songs from a local library and search for each of them online?

Your solution for Android is not completely useful to me. If I need to use it in another computer (web player), this won't work.

Thanks,

Sacha.

I had a quick look too and the metadata is a mess so I'm not surprised that spotify is struggling. Grab something like MP3Tag and fix that metadata. It's pretty easy to use and will search online databases for you to try and automate things.

Suggested posts