Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! I unsubscribed from Spotify premium, but it charges me!!

Help! I unsubscribed from Spotify premium, but it charges me!!

So i tried the one month free premium Spoyify for my phone. It was okay, but wasnt as reliable and doesnt have all the music choices i would like to have so i cancel and delete the app from my phone. A few days later i get on my regular FREE account on my laptop. I listen away for about a month. Then i see the charge from Spotify on my statement. I went through alot to remember to cancel when the month was up so im pretty angry about this. I dont understand that if i canceled the premium, opened up my computer, then open regular Spotify that it should charge me?? Should i just call and tell them exactly that? or should i just suck it up and pay the ten bucks, which i can't really afford, (avoid confrontation) and cancel right now?

4 Replies

Hey mayke, welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear about your subscription issues. The best thing to do if you've got a query would be to contact our payments team through our contact form. Just go to About Us (top of this page) and follow the link there.

One of our team will get back to you as soon as possible and hopefully get things sorted.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello, Thank you for responding! i have contacted them twice now while being charged a secind time since. Spotify says they will NOT refund the two charges of 9.99 i have been charged now. I don't understand this. The links on the account cancelation are highlighted from the FIRST time i canceled two months ago. I used the, as advertised, FREE Spotify on my computer after unsubscribing. APARENTLY i still had been using Premium, which i hadn't, and they (you) will not refund the money i have been charged for the use of this FREE service. Can you see why I'm frustrated with this customer service? I've been waiting almost a week now. I keep asking for a phone number so i can contact a real person and clear this up, but no answer. I dont mean to be rude, but by now i've been going in circles and getting no leway 

Hi Richard - It appears that you are dodging his question just the other "representatives" have been.  Please answer it directly because my service has been incredibly inconsistent for months and I am a premium suscriber(until last month because I lost my debit card and ordered a new one).  

RobotMagik, I see I've responded to you via email on this. Please feel free to respond to that directly if you'd like to discuss this further.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts