Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My account has disappeared

Help! My account has disappeared

I have had the same Spotify account since Spotify started, before they went public and accounts could only be created by getting an invite. Suddenly a few days ago, without changing anything, I had been logged out on all my devices (phone/laptop/ps4/desktop), and I got the message that my password was wrong when trying to log in again (trust me, it wasn't, I remember my password).

Trying to reset the password by entering both my username and my email, I get the message that no such username or email exists. So it would seem my account has disappeared into thin air for some reason.

An additional thing that has bothered me for a long time, and that I contacted Spotify support about long ago (they never got back to me) is the fact that I constantly get emails from Spotify saying I have requested a password reset and to either click the link in the email or disregard it if it was not me who made the request. Currently I have 81 such emails from just March alone, and this has been going on for years. Someone has literally been hammering my account with password reset requests for a long time. Can that have something to do with my account being blocked?

My Spotify username for the account in question is "anderson". Could someone from Spotify support please look into what has happened to that account? You may also contact me at the email address tied to that account if you can still see that. Thank you.

3 Replies

Hey @TempAccount3,

That's odd. Which channel have you used to reach out to Support (Twitter, Facebook, Contact Form)? They usually respond within 48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Phew! Since I was forced to create a temp account to even be able to post here, I sent my post to support@spotify.com also, and now they got back to me fast. They had indeed closed my account (!)

"Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll be happy to shed some light on your issues.

We've taken a look in our system, and can confirm that your account with the username anderson was closed by mistake. Good news! As your account was closed less than seven days ago, we were able to restore it for you.

Please log in the same way as before and feel free to reset your password.

Our sincere apologies for your inconvenience!"

So, how often do accounts get closed by mistake? I've waited two days to report the problem, because I thought maybe there was some temporary server issue, but I was lucky I didn't pass the 7 day limit...

Hey @TempAccount3,

Thanks for letting us know that the email folks managed to help out here.

If you have any other questions specific to what happened to your account, we'd recommend responding to their email. They'll be able to explain things for you.

If you ever need anything else on the Community, feel free to reach out again.

Thanks!

Suggested posts