Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! Version 8.4.53

Help! Version 8.4.53

My spotify auto updated and now my music library has been reduced horrifically! E.g. I previously had songs saved off 22 different Prince albums (quite the fan here) and now there’s only one album on my spotify of Prince! That’s just one example, I’ve been building up my library for years and now it’s not there! Any help would be appreciated 😞 

3 Replies

Hey @Jessiep993,

Thanks for reaching out.

Any songs, playlists, artists, albums, and podcasts you saved before the app was updated can still be found in Your Library.

Note: Songs you saved are now in your Favorites playlists.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having a problem with this update as well. Iphone 7S.  

All of the artists I had saved are gone.  The songs are shown in my favorites but I can no longer select an artist and only play their tunes. Not good.  I have deleted the app, and reinstalled it now 2 times and no resolution.  My iPad has the older app version (not sure which) and when I click on the "Your Library" link I can still select artists or songs and play any which way I want.  On the 7s with the update, the artists are gone.

How to downgrade the ap on the iphone back to the prior? Or fix this issue?  I know for the near term I will no longer select updates.

So I guess no one has a solution to this flawed update that won’t let me play exclusively by the artists I’ve saved prior?  My iPad has an older app version which still allows play by artist. Mine is free version. 

Suggested posts