Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help: "A Facebook error has occurred..."

Solved!

Help: "A Facebook error has occurred..."

Hi,

how can I open a support ticket? I just bought a new smartphone (Fairphone 2, running Android 5). After installing facebook and Spotify, I can't log in to Spotify. I have a Premium Account associated with my Facebook account. Whenever I press "Login with Facebook" all i get is "A facebook error has occurred. Please try again." This error appears immediately, the app doesn't seem to check much. This error is persistent. I have reinstalled both Facebook and Spotify on my phone. I have logged in to Facebook. PLEASE HELP.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

SOLVED: Spotify Login problems with Facebook account on mobile device:

If you can't login to your spotify app on your mobile device and created your spotify account with facebook:

So, Spotify crew didn't help me. I solved it: Browse to facebook.com, Settings (top right corner) > Security (left hand menu) > App Passwords. There, generate a password for "spotify". Use this password (and your Email address) to login to Spotify on your mobile app. This worked for me. Strange but true.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Marked as solution

SOLVED: Spotify Login problems with Facebook account on mobile device:

If you can't login to your spotify app on your mobile device and created your spotify account with facebook:

So, Spotify crew didn't help me. I solved it: Browse to facebook.com, Settings (top right corner) > Security (left hand menu) > App Passwords. There, generate a password for "spotify". Use this password (and your Email address) to login to Spotify on your mobile app. This worked for me. Strange but true.

Dude that's amazing. I owe you my gratitude.

I know. It's **bleep**ing weird, but it works...Enjoy your Spotify then.

Thanks, Man!  I was at my wit's end, and the app is NOT at all intuitive for troubleshooting this stuff.  I appreciate you sharing your experience, and your wisdom.  You saved my weekend!

Marc 

Thank you !

Thank you very much, you saved me! Cheers!

Thank you. This worked exactly as you describe.

So weird

Thanks, had this problem for ages. There are solutions for accounts created by linking to Facebook but not when created directly by a Facebook linkup. Glad I found this thread!

Thank You, You are amazing!!!! 😄 😄 

This is amazing! You helped me a lot! Thank you!

tnx bro.. helped a lotttt!

I don't see any "Security" menu after I clicked "Settings." 😔

Someone help me please 😔

Sad to say facebook recently changed its settings, i also didn't find the Security>app passwords. But found the solution myselt. 🙂 Just go to the link https://www.spotify.com/ph/account/overview/ then set password for devices. you will be given your username (which is very long) also an email will be sent to your email (used on facebook) then you will provide your password for your device. In logging in your device use the preferred username and your provided password.

Boom this helped me too!!! Thank u Spotify GURU

**bleep** i do that but it still doesnt work im frustrated

Hi guys,

If this does not work, you may try removing the Spotify app from facebook, and then re-add it again. That worked for me also.

Hi guys, If this does not work, you may try removing the Spotify app from facebook, and then re-add it again. That worked for me also.

i can't seem to find this app settings

Suggested posts