Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help with offline playlists on more than 3 devices

Solved!

Help with offline playlists on more than 3 devices

My family has spotify premium and Sonos around our home which is great for a family of 4. It means that when we are at home we can all listen to our chosen music in separate rooms. We pay the £9.99 monthly premium. The problem arises when we leave the house as each of us wants to listen to our playlists offline either on the way to work, school or in the gym. As there are 4 of us and we each have an iPhone one of us gets 'kicked' off the system every time we leave the house as you can't have offline playlists on more than 3 devices. It's real pain! Is there anything we can do or do we need to have 2 accounts and pay £19-98 month?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Appleyards wrote:
My family has spotify premium and Sonos around our home which is great for a family of 4. It means that when we are at home we can all listen to our chosen music in separate rooms. We pay the £9.99 monthly premium. The problem arises when we leave the house as each of us wants to listen to our playlists offline either on the way to work, school or in the gym. As there are 4 of us and we each have an iPhone one of us gets 'kicked' off the system every time we leave the house as you can't have offline playlists on more than 3 devices. It's real pain! Is there anything we can do or do we need to have 2 accounts and pay £19-98 month?

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but if you keep the app in offline mode then it won't know how many offline devices there are.

Just remember that a Spotify account is for personal use only, and you really should have one account each.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@Appleyards wrote:

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but if you keep the app in offline mode then it won't know how many offline devices there are.

Just remember that a Spotify account is for personal use only, and you really should have one account each.

Hi - thanks for your reply - but i don't understand how to do what you suggest - please can you tell me? I logged out of my spotify on my iphone but then it wouldn't let me access my playlists or music at all! Please help!

This solution does not work, because after 30 days you will be forced to bring your device back online.

When you do go back online Spotify will identify that you have offline tracks on more than three devices. 

On the iPhone all offline tracks are then removed from the device.

Three devices is still good considering the account is supposed to be single use.

The true solution is to buy a second subscription, or technically one for each of you to stay within the Spotify T&Cs

Suggested posts