Hi-fi, lossless playback, FLAC offer

Solved!

Re: Hi-fi, lossless playback, FLAC offer

mozyrsky

Any update? I tried Tidal when it was free with Sprint. I enjoyed the more detailed sound, but not so much their interface and playlists. That being said, I'm thinking of going back unless Spotify improves its music quality. If there is still a beta version, add me to it.

Windstoorm

I would also like the hifi version. Please invite me. 

WoLfMaLtA

I'm in for HiFi beta testing, was thinking about switching to Tidal as I just downloaded it but if Spotify gets it, I'll stick with them.

awebster
Casual Listener

I'm on the verge of jumping ship to Tidal or Qobuz for this reason. I recently invested almost 10K into an insane HiFi / HC setup and there's no way I'm pumping 320 through it. I'm already signed up to both Tidal and Qobuz and I expect to chose one of these two within a month or two. 

But this will be with a heavy heart. I've been using Spotify for a long time now and I'm not impressed with the competion. The interfaces aren't as good, nor is the content curation/suggestions. As for the music, no one service seems as eclectic as Spotify. Tidal's classical music offering is basically s**t. Qobuz is good for classical and less popular stuff but has huge holes in their library. I won't be able to blast Sunn O))) in the small hours - although I'm sure the neighbours won't be particularly upset!

When Tidal started making waves, I had assumed that Spotify would **bleep** this in the bud and quickly provide a lossless subscription. Years later and still nothing! So if there is a lossless trial currently running, for the love of god sign me up please!

awebster
Casual Listener

Look into Soundiiz for playlist migration...

tom_m1
Regular

Try Deezer. Good library of HiFi tracks. I still have Spotify for my wife and times where I'm using a device that just has it...but for me that's the only reason I see Spotify as any good - because it had such a high penetration rate. Every device out there works with Spotify. If you're after quality, it's just not on Spotify. That's not their game. 

awebster
Casual Listener

Funny I just came to that conclusion whilst reading previous comments on this thread! Thanks, I'll check it out!

sk-qysxq92_kc
Casual Listener

Tried Tidal hifi for the first time.

Wauv what a difference.

Can't believe how I got use to Spotifys "premium" quality.

Hope spotify will offer better audio quality soon else Tidal will be my future streaming service.

awebster
Casual Listener
Same here. But Tidal’s library isn’t great. For instance, their Classical music selection is a joke. So for now Deezer is it!

tashi2000

Count me in

SUGGESTED POSTS