Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi - what time zone does Spotify operate in, wrt charging for subscription auto-renewal?

Hi - what time zone does Spotify operate in, wrt charging for subscription auto-renewal?

There's no details around payment/charging timing in Terms and Conditions. Any info?
5 Replies

Hi. I'm not sure what you mean but there is no need to know the time zone, the charging applies once your subscription month ends. The auto-renewal is automatically and most of the time happens the first hours of the day.

Hi - if I'm trying to cancel my subscription in time before Spotify charges, then understanding what time zone the payment charging operates in is very relevant in this scenario. 🙂

But, you can unsubscribe now, you shouldn't wait for the last minute to do that. I mean, Spotify already charged you for the current month so if you cancel your subscription now, you'll have premium until the end of the month. This is why I say that is irrelevant to know when exactly they're gonna charge you.

I understand what I should do. Since I accidentally waited till last minute, I would like to know the answer to my question. That's all.

The charging mechanism and timing should be clear in the Terms and Conditions. Clearly, you must understand that the start of a day is different depending on where in the world you are. I'm just looking for transparency around this.

Hi.I'm using automatic translation, so I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense.
I don't know if you're still watching this community, but I'll leave it as a record.

I think it's probably based on the UTC time zone.
In Japan, where I live, the payment system changes around 9am. There is a time difference of 9 hours behind Japan and UTC. Therefore, I deduced that it was based on the UTC time zone.
I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I would be happy if it was helpful.

Suggested posts