Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hijacked account

Hijacked account

Hi all,

My Spotify account was hijacked by some ugly guy with an ugly name. Spotify customer service did a great job and after some mailing I got my account back. But now i cannot get rid of his picture and name in the web player and on my android devices.

I have removed his facebook account and added my own, and in the account settings on the web I see my own facebook picture. But in the player I still have his ugly face and name.

I have cleared the cache in my phone and also reinstalled the Spotify app but when I logon again, I see his ugly face.

How can I get my own name and profile picture in the player, both web and android.

regards,

Glenn 

2 Replies

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support again...they should be able to sort the rest for you. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for answering.

I have sent them a mail but thought that perhaps someone here coud help a little quicker.

But they usually answer in a few hours. What is a few hours more for to replace the profile picture after being without spotify for a week.

regards,
Glenn

Suggested posts