Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hijacked account

Solved!

Hijacked account

Hey, it seems my account has been hijacked. The email and password has been changed without me being notified, but I can still log in through facebook. I tried using the form to contact support but it would only automaticly email the new address, is there another way for me to get help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay here.

You have to be logged out of any accounts to be able to use the contact form above "anonymously".

The easiest way is to open the form in private session.

Here are private session shortcuts for some of the browsers:

For Chrome:

Ctrl + Shift + N 

For Firefox 

Ctrl + Shift + P

For Safari:

Control-Option-P

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Sylwevrin,

Welcome to Spotify Community!
For hacked/compromised accounts it's best to reach the customer support team via this anonymous contact form here.
This is contact form allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply to.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible

If you use that form it will auto send the reply to the "new" email address aka the hacked one- why can't Spotify just provide an email for us to email directly when this happens- my account is hacked also

Hey, this seems like the exact same form I've tried to use before, with no where to change which email address for it to respond to? 

For the record I've tried Logging in > Can't log in to spotify and Logging in > Resetting my password, as those seemed most relevant to my problem. Is there something else I missed?

Marked as solution

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay here.

You have to be logged out of any accounts to be able to use the contact form above "anonymously".

The easiest way is to open the form in private session.

Here are private session shortcuts for some of the browsers:

For Chrome:

Ctrl + Shift + N 

For Firefox 

Ctrl + Shift + P

For Safari:

Control-Option-P

Oooooh that explains it. Thank you so much, sent my message and avaiting response. Gonna flag your last answer as the solution, thanks for all the help!

Suggested posts