Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Holiday Discount and Student Discount

Solved!

Holiday Discount and Student Discount

Hello!

I'm a student looking to get Spotify Premium. Is there any way I can sign up for the current holiday deal (3 months for $0.99) and then switch to the $4.99 a month student discount?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ilikemusic295 No problem! I'm glad I can offer you some help! 🙂

The holiday offer will add three months as soon as the payment goes through. There shouldn't be a need to cancel your subscription before you sign up for the student discount. If you run into any problems in activating the student discount, try canceling your subscription first, but don't worry you will still have your three months! 🙂

For example, if you purchased the holiday offer today, your account will have Premium until March 18th 2015. When you obtain the student discount you will be charged the discounted price on March 18th 2015. Hopefully, that was clear enough! If not, just let me know! I'll here to help you! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@ilikemusic295 wrote:

That makes sense. Thanks!

Woo! No problem! If you ever need help again, feel free to come back here on the community!  🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @ilikemusic295, welcome to the community!

If you have not subscribed to the Premium or Unlimited service or have taken a trial in the past, then you are elgible for the holiday offer here (The prices varies between regions). Right after your your holiday offer is up, you are more than welcome to sign up for the student discount here. 🙂

Thanks for responding!

From the Student Discount Terms and Conditions:

"If you already have the Premium Service or the Unlimited Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) and activate the Student Discount Offer, the first Discounted Month will start after the expiration of the period of the Premium Service or Unlimited Service that you have already paid for. If you are a Free or new Spotify user, the Discounted Month will start after activation of the Student Discount Offer."

Correct me if I'm wrong: if I sign up for the holiday offer, I need to cancel my subscription before the end of the third month if I want to get the Student Discount for the next month.

Does that make sense?

Marked as solution

@ilikemusic295 No problem! I'm glad I can offer you some help! 🙂

The holiday offer will add three months as soon as the payment goes through. There shouldn't be a need to cancel your subscription before you sign up for the student discount. If you run into any problems in activating the student discount, try canceling your subscription first, but don't worry you will still have your three months! 🙂

For example, if you purchased the holiday offer today, your account will have Premium until March 18th 2015. When you obtain the student discount you will be charged the discounted price on March 18th 2015. Hopefully, that was clear enough! If not, just let me know! I'll here to help you! 🙂

Marked as solution

@ilikemusic295 wrote:

Woo! No problem! If you ever need help again, feel free to come back here on the community!  🙂

I'm still a bit confused.. 

I am a free user looking to buy Premium. I would like to buy the Holiday discount and have the student discount afterwards. Should I buy under the Holiday discount? If so, will I have to manually change to the Student discount right after, three months after, or will it automatcially switch to Student discount? 

Otherwise, should I buy the student discount first, then buy the Holiday discount on top of that?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have just finished one week premenuim free trial and want to update it to 3montjs student free trial how I can do that? So far spodify is asking me to redeem the 50% student discount without offering me the 3months free trial.

Can you help?

Thanks

Suggested posts