Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Horrible Spotify Customer Support

Horrible Spotify Customer Support

For several months I have been having playlist randomly unsyncing. There are threads on the topic and I've sent emails to Spotify support. They simply say that they know of the issue and are working on it. Well, it's been nearly half a year, so, does Spotify like have actual computer programmers working for them? Below is a link to the thread where I posted the full message.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPod-Touch/Keep-losing-all-my-sync-tracks-for-offl...

After my last correspondence, I'm done. After waiting nearly a week for a reply, they don't even acknowledge the problem, but either pretend (or couldn't be bothered to read my entire email) that I am experiencing a completely different problem than what was stated. No way to get ahold of anyone by phone. Am I going to have to wait another week for a response? How come I cannot request a partial credit due to my Spotify experience being lower than the expectations set by Spotify?

So, can someone recommend an alternative paid service to Spotify? I love Spotify but enough is enough, and I do not want to go back the old way of listening to music on my iPhone. Will Spotify actually pay attention to me and my posts if I start talking about their competitors? My guess is they will just remove this post for violating some terms of service of the forums, but I am seriously interested in any Spotify alternatives anyone can recommend. A Google search turned up mostly Spotify alternative articles from last year that are likely outdated.

7 Replies

Hey Taverner,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble. When you mention 'several months', how long does this mean exactly? Are they different songs that are unsyncing? Or is it repeatedly the same ones?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Several months as in, this might have first happened last fall, October or November if I had to guess.

I'm not sure about the first several times, but the last time, all of my offline available synced playlists were turned to not available offline and unsynced.

Your reply seems to imply that you have to look into what might be the cause. Why hasn't someone at Spotify identified the problem already, you have plenty of customers complaining about this in and outside of your forums.

Hopefully your response isn't fodder so people observing this thread think that Spotify actually cares and is actually going to DO SOMETHING about the issue for me and all the other paying customers having issues.

Hey,

Thanks for your patience here. As Richard mentions in the other thread, it sounds like an issue we're aware of on the iPhone.

I understand this is a pain for you, but please hold tight. We're moving as fast as we can. Honestly.

Did you try what Richard suggested before and disable syncing with the iCloud at all?

We'll let you know when there's a water- tight solution.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

iCloud is my only method of finding and/or locking/wiping my phone if it is stolen. I am not going to turn it off to use your service (that I am paying for). It sounds like you are saying you still (after 6 months) have not figured out a solution. I'll be spending this weekend looking at alternatives.

You can only **bleep** on customers and ignore their support emails for so long.

I really want to delete my account but it is connected to my facebook. Every time I try to go to the contact page, I cannot find a form to fill out and send in. I just want to delete my accound and to not have it connected to my facebook anymore! Especially because I can't change my username and it's a ridiculous nonsensical series of numbers. I'd love to either change my username or delete my account and create a new account.

smallic2 - Our contact form was running into some issues last night. These should be fixed now.

In regards to your username, sadly there is no way to change it. As accounts in the US are created through Facebook, the username would remain a unique ID number, and will require an active Facebook account to use Spotify.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts