Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Undo accidentally Dislike songs

How Undo accidentally Dislike songs

When I'm lising my spotify through my phone.  I accidnetly click the "dislike/banned" button on the lower right corner. 

And, in fact, that is a song I like and would like to add it into my list (I don't even remember the name of the song b/c I hit the button too fast).

Is there any way to find where the "dislike/banned" list and undo the accdient?  Thanks a lot.

Sam

17 Replies

Hi there,

Currently, it's not possible to "unblock" songs. A blocked song should still be playable and might return if the algorithm notices that you do actually like the song.

Are you sure you can't play the song at all anymore?

That might be a technical issue and for this situation I recommend you to try a quick reinstallation, you can find a guide here.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Hi Sam!

I don't think there is a disliked songs list that could be accessible, as far as I know. There have been times where if I start a radio station with a song I like and something unsatisfactory turns up, even if I end up disliking it, it will show up again in some form or another in a similar song radio. So for the time being maybe you could try listening to the same song radio and seeing if that song pops up again.

Have a great day!

A

HA HA HA HA!

Yeah, this has been requested for years, but they don't care. It's absolutley rediculous how such a ubiquitous feature (in every other app) can be missing from an app the size of this. It just sad that they keep ignoring the community.

Good luck! Especially if you don't know the name or artist because you used the notification bar to like the song but hit the dislike button instead because some genius decided it should be in the exact same place as the save button for non-radio playlists. But that's a whole 'nother ball of wax...

It's way too easy to do this in the notification bar by accident. I have no idea what song it was! And I wanted to listen to it!

Click on the "play queue" and go to the "history" tab to find a song that was playing, You can like it from there even if you accidnetally disliked the song.  

I know for sure you can do this on the desktop. But on closer inspection I wasn't able to find history on the phone.

Mais tellement !!! c'est insupportable tu peux disliker sans t'en rendre compte, ils ne demandent pas confirmation. Et j'ai perdu de superbes chansons comme ça je suis vraiment dégoûtée de cette application

When is this going to be implemented? Can’t believe it’s been over a year and still no option to remove a disliked song/s. 

Hey there @Billy-bob,

Glad to have you in the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation 🙂

Right now, the option to block an artist from being played or hiding songs in playlists created by other users can only be enabled on phone or tablet. There's more info on that here

Note: After blocking an artist or song on your phone, it should also no longer be playable on any other device you log in to your account.

Hope this helps. We're here in case you need help with anything else.

Happy listening 🎶

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks but that has nothing to do with this post and being able to remove a song from your Disliked list. 

Hi @Billy-bob,

Thanks for getting back in touch! Sorry about that - totally missed the part about the Disliked list 🙂

If you've disliked/hidden a song by accident and want it back, we'd suggest checking out this support page for what to do next.

You can also check your Hidden Content on your phone. It can be found by heading to the Artist section in Your Library and swiping up till you reach the end of your followed artists list and before your Recommended artists.

Keep in mind that tracks you've removed from your own playlist or Liked Songs won't go to a special list, so you'll just have to look for those within the app and re-add them.

There's an existing idea which suggests a confirmation popup when disliking/deleting songs - feel free to add your vote to it here. If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout, if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator

@Xenia, your answer not only has nothing to do with the question, but is incorrect. It is very possible to unlike a song on PC.

You're a perfect example of everything that is wrong with Spotify support. Good job!

I'm going through and unliking songs that Spotify refuses to stop playing eight hundred billion times a day.

Hopefully in another couple of years when I might finally be ready to hear those again, Spotify will have listened to its users.

This works for me on desktop!

"Click on the "play queue" and go to the "history" tab to find a song that was playing, You can like it from there even if you accidnetally disliked the song."

Thank you Drshriveer and best regards!

Hi there @jviegas,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should.

You should be able to like it if you head over to Recently played. You can also dislike it from their directly from your phone.

We hope that this information was helpful.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@jviegas This works. Thanks. I just recovered a fav song.

"Note: After blocking an artist or song on your phone, it should also no longer be playable on any other device you log in to your account."  This is EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO REVERSE WHEN ONE ACCIDENTLY HITS THE UNLIKE OR DO NOT PLAY SONG BUTTON.

Hey @revshane,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

This thread is about unfilling the heart button in a liked song by mistake. However, this issue was already addressed and now the action will give a pop-up to avoid the mistake.

Back in 2021 we had an ongoing issue related to the hide/unhide button, but it was resolved some time ago; you can check the full thread here. If you don't have the option, make sure you have toggled on the option "Show unplayable songs" in your app settings.

In case the option is toggled on, but you cannot see the button, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This exactly the opposite that was being asked.

Suggested posts