Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I merge my two Spotify accounts and import my playlist?

Solved!

How can I merge my two Spotify accounts and import my playlist?

Here's my backstory (Doofenshmirtz-style! LOL): My brother (his name is not Roger Hahaha) informed me that you guys are offering an awesome promo that I can have 3 months worth of Premium account for just 9 bucks (in my country's currency.) I haven't used my Spotify for a veeery long time, but this information actually encouraged me to open my account and switch to Premium. I tried logging in using my Yahoo account through Desktop app, but I forgot my password. So I retrieved it using Google Chrome, and it was successful. I downloaded the Desktop app (I'm using my laptop) and logged in using my new password. I was surprised for a split second when I saw that my playlist is empty, realizing that I seldom use that account. So, I logged in using my Facebook credentials where I found my playlists (hooray!) By the way, the email address that I used for my Facebook account is different from the aforementioned Yahoo account.

Here's where the problem happened: (Keep in mind that right now, I'm logged in using my Facebook account and through the Spotify Desktop App) Since I'm excited to use Spotify again, this time a 3-month long PREMIUM account (super!) that I immediately clicked the "UPGRADE" button. It routed me to the payment page through Google Chrome (being my default browser), so in my mind, I'm convinced that I'm upgrading my FACEBOOK account. I went through the payment process (and my brother's not lying, they'll just charge me 9 bucks worth of 3-month Premium account subscription). The page said that I can already enjoy the Premium account and the receipt was sent to my email. HOWEVER, it was sent to my YAHOO account (which maybe I forgot to log out in my Chome). So, my FACEBOOK account (where my playlists are) is still a Free subscription while my Yahoo account, which basically is useless for me, was upgraded. 

I was so frustrated, but since I really want to use the Premium account, I decided to purchase another one. HOWEVER, the page said that I'm ineligible for the promo. I sent an email and I tweeted @SpotifyCares but to no avail. I guess what's done is done, so I decided to merge my Facebook account with my Yahoo account, thinking that the playlists will be imported as well. Now, upon checking my account, yes it was merged with my Facebook, but the playlists aren't there! I disconnected my premium account with my Facebook account so that I can copy the playlist files from my Facebook account then I'll import it with my Yahoo account. BUT THE PLAYLISTS WERE GONE!

Ugh! I hope you understand how frustrating this situation is for me. I was on 2-year hiatus with Spotify, and I thought they will welcome me with arms wide open. Instead, it welcomed me with one problem after the other. Wow. Can someone help me? Please? Thanks a bunch! I'm not expecting that Spotify will help me (they're still on radio silence after all those requests that I've sent to them) so please help me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey ohohchris08!

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're all here to help each other.

We can understand how frustrating this situation must be, but don't worry, it'll be a piece of cake for our Accounts team to sort things out. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares and SpotifyCares, just send them a private message with your account's email address and username. You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again 🙂

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/5hoa1buCboFHO5mwmXaFd3

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey ohohchris08!

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're all here to help each other.

We can understand how frustrating this situation must be, but don't worry, it'll be a piece of cake for our Accounts team to sort things out. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares and SpotifyCares, just send them a private message with your account's email address and username. You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again 🙂

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/5hoa1buCboFHO5mwmXaFd3

You can merge your facebook account but your old playlist not, because the playlists are from your other "Spotify account", NOT "Facebook account", sorry. And you can´t merge two Spotify accounts. Hope I helped you to solve your question.

Christian "Chris" Hernandez

This surely helped me. Contacting the support team, I mean. Though my WARNING: It'll take you HOURS of waiting and more frustrations. I already gave up fixing this situation when the team decided to help me out. Not a pretty experience. Well, 3 months and I'm out of Spotify -- AGAIN! #unsatisfiedcustomer

Suggested posts