Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I use an already registered email?

Solved!

How can I use an already registered email?

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

My Question or Issue

Hi. I had two accounts, one created with my facebook account and a mail address of mine (I'll call this mail address "@1" for clarification) and another one created just with another mail address of mine ("@2"). The latter is the premium spotify account I use every day.

The problem is that I am trying to link my Spotify account to a third-party app, in which I am registered with @1. So I tried to close the Spotify Account with @1 (which I was not using anyway) and change the mail of the premium account  (which I use normally) from @2 to @1, but it says that the mail (@1) is already in use (which in fact was, until I shut down that Spotify account).

I think that what I need is Spotify to definitely close the account linked with my Facebook (i.e. @1) and then I should be able to change my address from @2 to @1 in my Spotify Account.

I hope there is someone able to help me with this issue.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @eugenioceraolo,

Thanks for the details.

Generally, accounts that were closed have a 7 day open period in case you change your mind and want to open your account again, but it can also take up to 30 days.

In any case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help. 

For your reference, there is some more information on closing your account here.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @eugenioceraolo, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Did you recently close your Spotify account today, or the past few days? 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @Billy-J, thank you for the quick response.

It was closed exactly 1 week ago...
Marked as solution

Hey @eugenioceraolo,

Thanks for the details.

Generally, accounts that were closed have a 7 day open period in case you change your mind and want to open your account again, but it can also take up to 30 days.

In any case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help. 

For your reference, there is some more information on closing your account here.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I will contact them then. Thank you very much!

Hey @eugenioceraolo,

You're welcome! If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to start a topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts