How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

Re: How can i change my my spotify username?

This doesn't seem to really change it though? I cannot log into the account with the username I "changed" into, I still need to use the old one.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

How long before it reflected on your account? It does on this page but not when I access my account from other pages/locations.

Highlighted

That will only change your username for the Spotify Community, it won't affect your main account you use to log in.

I can't believe there's still no way to do this and the solution provided is to delete the account and create a new one.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
No way to change preference if you used fb as you log in details...
Highlighted

If I already have a premium account, would I have to cancel the membership to create a new account to have my username changed? 

Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @thebjq,

No, create your new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook, and choose your new Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Yes that's the only solution and it really works. It may be a little inconvenient but it works. I thought that it would be difficult but it's easy. After 2 emails to Spotify Support, I'm enjoying my Spotify like nothing happened. Just follow these, instead of complaining. You know what I mean... 🙂

1. Create a new account using a different email address and the username you want to use.
2. Email their Support Team (support@spotify.com) with the information on the old and new account like your email address and Facebook name.
3. You'll receive a reply email that will ask you information about the old account to verify it for security of the account.
4. Supply the information asked by replying on the email.
5. Wait for the confirmation of the transfer.
6. Once confirmation is received, check your Spotify and tada!!!

They also give you free time for you Premium subscription on the old account so that you can use it on thd new account.

Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Music Fan

You do realize the OP wanted to change his Spotify username? Not his Spotify community username, right? There's a big difference. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Yes, I know that OP want to change username on Sportify, NOT on Spotify Community.
Highlighted

I tried the link. It says it got changed but it's still the old one up on my profile in the app

SUGGESTED POSTS