Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

119 Replies

Hey @mya___marie,

To change your username in the app, you need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook, and choose your new Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This answer does not "solve" anything...additionally the link above does not work.

I believe this tip only works for the community, the spotify forums profile not your actual account..., tried myself without luck

we really should be able to change our d*mn names

Hey Josh,

thanks for posting that solution.

do you know, if i create a new account and have my playlists transferred over - will my followers come with me along with the artists i've followed and music i've saved?

i just recently launched my website and all of my social media handles are pretty much the same except for spotify, so i really want to keep everything cohesive but don't want to start from scratch. thanks to anyone who has the answer if josh is busy 🙂

It is really BASIC. And stupid. Freaks me out.

I hate this in a level...

on witch one do i ask for the playlist to get to my new one ?

I do not understand...there has to be one about now...
But seeing that "My year in Music" Fiasco I am not surprised anymore...

Follow me

Can I still do the thing where you create the new account and transfer my playlists while keeping my premium plan?

@sigridmoen wrote:

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

Hey @ellen_eckert,

Yes, you can. Create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

bumping to see username

report them

Not posible! Only option is to scrap your emailadress, get in contact with your email provider, then Spotify to remove your account, and start all over....

The reason is that Spotify has made "username"  as key - Stupid! Looking forward to GDPR!!!! May2018! Then Spotify will HAVE to Comply!!

And how can we do that when you don't allow us to make a new accont with the same e-mail address? 

Hey @MariaKolås,

It would be best if you used a different email address to create the new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Jfjfjf

There is currently no way to change your username! 😞 It should be available soon tho

Suggested posts