How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

sigridmoen

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey everybody,

We've made some changes backstage and right now if you don’t like your display name you can change it by following the steps here

You could also connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you decide to add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook one.

Last but not least, you can take a look at this Spotify Answer, if you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with!

Take care 😊

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

118 Replies

JayRizzo
Casual Listener

Come on guys,  I know that you have a UDID for all of us using spotify.

Please release the code to allow us to change our Username to our profile.

I find it a bit obsurd that you allow us to change it in the community spotify but not on our actuall accounts.

If there are isssues please just let us all know, if you can't figure it out, **bleep**!... hire me!

Anyway, have a great day and hope someone can figure out the simplist of things. 

Just another one of those,

thugIife
Casual Listener
I agree. We all pay $10+ a month for your service. Let's come to a modern system enabling us to change our username without having to change emails. Jeez.

yinjada

There is currently no way to change your username! 😞 It should be available soon tho

hussainalsamad
Jfjfjf

hananseid

user-removed
Not applicable

bumping to see username

ellen_eckert
Casual Listener

Can I still do the thing where you create the new account and transfer my playlists while keeping my premium plan?

@sigridmoen wrote:

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ellen_eckert,

Yes, you can. Create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

cullenschreiber
Casual Listener

we really should be able to change our d*mn names

This answer does not "solve" anything...additionally the link above does not work.

CrEdge
Casual Listener

LOL, Spotify support offered to delete my Facebook account and migrate to a new user... Anyways, the solution that worked for me is to ignore the (Moderators Only) part of this page and change it yourself: https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

Czar507

I believe this tip only works for the community, the spotify forums profile not your actual account..., tried myself without luck

mya___marie

I tried the link. It says it got changed but it's still the old one up on my profile in the app

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @mya___marie,

To change your username in the app, you need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook, and choose your new Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marium0505
Music Fan

You do realize the OP wanted to change his Spotify username? Not his Spotify community username, right? There's a big difference. 

mpgalaez
Casual Listener
Yes, I know that OP want to change username on Sportify, NOT on Spotify Community.

user-removed
Not applicable

How long before it reflected on your account? It does on this page but not when I access my account from other pages/locations.

holachristian

That will only change your username for the Spotify Community, it won't affect your main account you use to log in.

I can't believe there's still no way to do this and the solution provided is to delete the account and create a new one.

mpgalaez
Casual Listener
Yes that's the only solution and it really works. It may be a little inconvenient but it works. I thought that it would be difficult but it's easy. After 2 emails to Spotify Support, I'm enjoying my Spotify like nothing happened. Just follow these, instead of complaining. You know what I mean... 🙂

1. Create a new account using a different email address and the username you want to use.
2. Email their Support Team (support@spotify.com) with the information on the old and new account like your email address and Facebook name.
3. You'll receive a reply email that will ask you information about the old account to verify it for security of the account.
4. Supply the information asked by replying on the email.
5. Wait for the confirmation of the transfer.
6. Once confirmation is received, check your Spotify and tada!!!

They also give you free time for you Premium subscription on the old account so that you can use it on thd new account.

Hope this helps.

flowm0tion

This doesn't seem to really change it though? I cannot log into the account with the username I "changed" into, I still need to use the old one.

nineoneeight
Casual Listener

That's your community profile, not your Spotify account.

SUGGESTED POSTS