How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

sigridmoen

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey everybody,

We've made some changes backstage and right now if you don’t like your display name you can change it by following the steps here

You could also connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you decide to add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook one.

Last but not least, you can take a look at this Spotify Answer, if you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with!

Take care 😊

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

118 Replies

Guido
Spotify Legend

Hello all!

Thanks for paying a visit to the Community.

You can’t change your username, but you can enter a preferred name during sign up to display on your profile. 

To display a different name on an existing account:

• You can create a new account to enter a preferred name during sign up.  
    Note: Be sure to cancel any subscriptions on the existing account. Your new account won’t have access to any playlists, followers, or anything saved in Your Library on the existing account. 
  • Or, you can connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name.

Note: It’s not possible to log in with the name displayed on your profile.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Solution!

Elena

Hey everybody,

We've made some changes backstage and right now if you don’t like your display name you can change it by following the steps here

You could also connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you decide to add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook one.

Last but not least, you can take a look at this Spotify Answer, if you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with!

Take care 😊

ElenaModerator

View solution in original post

Alice07

lol I had the same problem

omuapuxeigjfc9w

Hi, I also have the problem of needing to change my username as I somehow have ended up with a username with about 26 random letters and a couple of numbers thrown in, don’t know how I managed that but I am not going to use it every time I sign in. 

I see the best answer by Mary was to create a new account but that didn’t work for me, it says my email is already in use and won’t let me proceed.

any other ideas?

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @omuapuxeigjfc9w

That string of characters is your actual Spotify username, which may have been assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook.

Fortunately, they aren't something you need to remember, since you can simply sign in with your email address.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself after a little while with your name.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Casual Listener
Vote for change your username is an option, in this way Spotify will notice
it better. you can vote over here
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Change-username/idc-p/4432013#M147202
besides
that you can create a new mail and in this way make a new account.

sechen43

RAPSTA
Regular

[Comment deleted]

lololololololo5
Casual Listener

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

evil elmo.gif

Audiodose

Has anyone found a solution to this? Can't change username. Can't even use the name I signed up with 😞

Tiddlewig

You can delete your current account to free up your email and then make another account with your same email address

TiPi
Casual Listener

"Tiddlewig

3 weeks ago

You can delete your current account to free up your email and then make another account with your same email address"

and lose all your saved albums and playlists.. great idea.. How hard can it be Spotify?!

chasal
Casual Listener
  1. Can't get my songs on Apple Watch
  2. Can't change my username

Two simple features that even ME could implement to their system if I was working for them.

I'm living. Hello Apple Music.

absoriptn

how

EmerDiMagiba
Music Fan

You need to delete everything or cancel your subscription. Then, choose your username or e-mail and register by not clicking or logging in on Facebook. Don't worry about the playlist or saved songs. Just remember songs/artist or depends on your vibe what you like/love listening to.

▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀

confetticity123

why can't i just change my username on the acount overview page?? this spotify thing makes no sense!

katiegraceffa18

I can't believe that you can't change your username on Spotify, the creators need to have an update so you can change it!!! I'm mad!!!!

snenriquez
I just created a Spotify account. It never asked me for a username and now my account has a long username. One that I'll never be able to remember. How can I change it?

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @snenriquez,

Don't worry. That the string of characters isn't something you should need to remember. You can simply sign in with your email address, and you should be fine.

osorniosRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Casual Listener

There is are 2 options!

1. Make a new account(i know nobody wants that, I don't even want it too

2. VOTE for this! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Change-username/idc-p/1677353#M116342

I hope a lot of people will vote because it's stupid that it isn't in Spotify

Nick Palmen

Holy N*ck!

SUGGESTED POSTS